Pastor, Church & Law
Uniform Securities Act
- Recognize that churches are not immune from all forms of government regulation.
- Understand the application of various financial regulations to churches, including regulation of charitable solicitations, limitations on charitable giving, and securities law.
- Understand the basic elements of copyright law, and their application to church practices.
- Understand the application of the Charitable Contribution and Charitable Donation Act to churches.
1. Are churches immune from all forms of government regulation? Explain. ...
Copyright © 2008 by Christianity Today. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review.
This content is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is sold with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. "From a Declaration of Principles jointly adopted by a Committee of the American Bar Association and a Committee of Publishers and Associations."
Due to the nature of the U.S. legal system, laws and regulations constantly change. The editors encourage readers to carefully search the site for all content related to the topic of interest and consult qualified local counsel to verify the status of specific statutes, laws, regulations, and precedential court holdings.