Managing Risk: The Church's Board and Staff Should Work Together
In many churches, risk management can become an after-thought as the tasks and needs of day-to-day ministry take center stage. But such an environment opens the door to unnecessary risk—an avoidable accident, allegation, or other misstep can occur, causing pain and draining energy, money, and resources. Even worse, if circumstances warrant, the church may be held liable, and staff members and board members may be held personally liable. Church staffs and boards must take an active role to build a culture of risk management, and in this free, one-hour video, Richard Hammar and Michael Batts will cover how staffs and boards can do it. In their presentation, Hammar and Batts will cover:
- The significant risks churches and board members face;
- The structure needed for effective risk management;
- The roles staff and board members must fill;
- The process for effectively managing risk;
- And, specific steps churches can take now to do it.