Keep your nursery safe for children by following these suggestions:
- Keep the cords of window blinds out of reach by hanging them at the top of the window covering. Don’t set cribs near windows.
- Install anti-scald devices on faucets to keep water temperatures below 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use changing tables that have safety straps and have drawers or shelves that are easily accessible.
- If you use hook-on chairs that attach to table edges, don’t place them where children’s feet can push against the table and dislodge the chairs.
- All nursery surfaces should be washed regularly and kept dust-free.
- If the nursery air is dry, consider using a cool-mist humidifier. This is especially helpful during winter months when children have colds. Clean a humidifier frequently to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
This content is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is published with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. "From a Declaration of Principles jointly adopted by a Committee of the American Bar Association and a Committee of Publishers and Associations."
Due to the nature of the U.S. legal system, laws and regulations constantly change. The editors encourage readers to carefully search the site for all content related to the topic of interest and consult qualified local counsel to verify the status of specific statutes, laws, regulations, and precedential court holdings.