Jump directly to the content
Notes & Numbers, August 2018

Change Name, Change Social Security Card

The name an employee uses on his or her federal tax return must match Social Security records. Mismatched names can create delays in the IRS processing tax returns, cautioned Kiplinger's Personal Finance Adviser. That's why it is essential for employees to let the Social Security Administration know if their names have changed because they've gotten married or divorced. Encourage employees with new names to start the process for a replacement Social Security card by going to ssa.gov/ssnumber or by calling 800-772-1213.

Article Preview

This article is currently available to ChurchLawAndTax.com subscribers only. To continue reading:

Related Topics:
From Issue:
View All
from our store
Church Compensation

Church Compensation

Learn the many pieces of employee compensation so you're in compliance with government guidelines and your ministry staff is properly cared for.
Setting a Pastor's Pay

Setting a Pastor's Pay

Richard Hammar explains legal and tax matters for planning the pastors compensation.
Setting Wages and Benefits for Church Staff

Setting Wages and Benefits for Church Staff

This training download addresses key aspects of compensation planning for church employees.

Experience a whole new way to set compensation. Get access to detailed compensation reports in just minutes.