Church Law & Tax Report
Keep your church safe, legal, and financially sound.
When you subscribe you get instant online access to help your church:
- Reduce potential legal liability
- Manage finances and risks
- Comply with IRS requirements
- Churches must designate a portion of each minister’s compensation as a housing allowance by this date in order for ministers who own or rent their homes to receive the full benefit of a housing allowance exclusion for calendar year 2018. The designation should be adopted during a regular or special meeting of the church board, and should be contained in the written minutes of the meeting.
If your church or organization reported withheld taxes of $50,000 or less during the most recent lookback period (for 2017 the lookback period is July ...
If your church or organization reported withheld taxes of more than $50,000 during the most recent lookback period (for 2017 the lookback period is July ...
- Churches having nonminister employees (or one or more ministers who report their federal income taxes as employees and who have elected voluntary withholding) may file their employer’s quarterly federal tax return (Form 941) by this date instead of October 31 if all taxes for the third calendar quarter have been deposited in full and on time.