More than 70 developments affecting ministers and churches occurred in 2020. Whether due to new laws such as:
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Setting Every Community Up for Retirement (SECURE) Act
- Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (CAA)
- New rulings by a federal or tax court
- New guidance from the IRS
These developments substantively affect tax requirements and responsibilities faced by churches and clergy.
Renowned attorney and CPA Richard R. Hammar, author of the 2021 Church & Clergy Tax Guide, covers the most significant developments that churches and church leaders need to understand for 2020 tax-filing purposes—and 2021 compliance.
Download the presentation slides here.