Editor’s Note. This article is part of the Advantage Membership. Learn more on how to become an Advantage Member or upgrade your membership.
As part of your Advantage Membership, you get a PDF version of Richard Hammar‘s 2023 Church & Clergy Tax Guide.
This guide helps pastors and churches to:
- Prepare 2022 tax returns
- Understand tax laws
- Correctly report federal income taxes and social security taxes
- Distinguish relevant exemptions
- Reduce tax liability
This guide also helps church treasurers, board members, bookkeepers, attorneys, CPAs, and tax practitioners to:
- Define “income” for the church
- Handle and report employee business expenses
- Understand the substantiation rules that apply to charitable contributions and designated contributions
- Grasp federal tax reporting requirements that apply to churches and church employees
This guide is indispensable throughout the year with in-depth coverage on:
- Charitable contributions
- Clergy retirement plans
- Social Security taxes
- Church reporting requirements
- Housing allowance
- Business-expense reimbursements
Download your 2023 Church & Clergy Tax Guide PDF today.