Keep your nursery safe for children by following these suggestions:
- Keep the cords of window blinds out of reach by hanging them at the top of the window covering. Don’t set cribs near windows.
- Install anti-scald devices on faucets to keep water temperatures below 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use changing tables that have safety straps and have drawers or shelves that are easily accessible.
- If you use hook-on chairs that attach to table edges, don’t place them where children’s feet can push against the table and dislodge the chairs.
- All nursery surfaces should be washed regularly and kept dust-free.
- If the nursery air is dry, consider using a cool-mist humidifier. This is especially helpful during winter months when children have colds. Clean a humidifier frequently to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.