The IRS receives more than 30 million 1099-MISC paper forms each year. As part of its transition to electronic filing for most tax returns, the IRS has approved the electronic filing of Form 1099-MISC using "Prepare1099." You can obtain information about this new service, and sign up, at Prepare1099.com. There are several advantages to this service, including the following:
- The cost is as low as 60 cents per form.
- Elimination of paper waste.
- No need to file Form 1096.
- Prepare1099 is an IRS-approved E-file provider.
- Prepare1099 refiles rejected 1099-MISC forms at no additional cost.
- Bank-level security features to protect confidential information.
- Free customer support.