Year after year, child sexual abuse is the top reason churches find themselves in court. Unfortunately, no church is immune. So, how do church leaders handle allegations of abuse and the reporting of suspected abuse, and also work to create a risk management program? In this podcast, Erika and guest Matthew Branaugh, attorney and content editor at Church Law & Tax, tackle such questions as they identify keyways to reduce opportunities for abuse to occur in your congregation.
- Recommended Reading: Protecting Children and Youth
- 50-State Child Abuse Reporting Laws Survey for Clergy and Church Leaders
- Attorney Richard Hammar’s Legal Developments on this issue.
- Church Board Guide to a Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy
- Reducing the Risk child sexual awareness program
Questions? We welcome them! Please email Erika Cole at email@example.com. Erika reads each comment and may answer your question in an upcoming episode.
See all episodes of Church Law.
The Church Law podcast is part of Christianity Today’s ChurchLawAndTax.com, a not-for-profit publishing ministry.